Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Clouds



I love the clouds here. If it's about to rain heavily, they are cumulus, low and puffy with moisture and that sort of deep gray-blue color you see just before a thunderstorm. Just after the rain, they remain puffy but turn snow white, hanging so low I think I might reach out and touch them. If it's a sunny day, they are stratus, a little further up, spread out across the sky like a land mass. Occasionally, they are cirrus, thin and wispy and far out of reach.

More often though, there is some combination of the three, a clear reflection of the country below: islands in a sea of blue sky, with differing shapes, sizes, colors, and elevation. Each day, just walking out the door and looking up is an adventure. I wish my pictures could do them justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment