Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blech

I am sick and I want to whine about it. It's only the second time since I arrived that I've been sick (unless you count tummy issues, but that's different). The first time was right after I got here--I had a cold most likely contracted during my 36-hour journey. This time, it's a gross virus that makes my throat hurt and makes me achy. I had to work all weekend because my school had an open house and now I've lost my voice. I'm definitely feeling sorry for myself.

On Saturday night, I went to dinner with some friends at a Caribbean-themed restaurant with Latin music and dancing. I was so excited. I haven't been dancing since I arrived in Jakarta and I haven't had too many opportunities to hear music that I enjoy. The restaurant was a huge disappointment. The food was mediocre, the music, while mostly Latin, was mostly Latin pop instead of Latin dance, and besides me and my friends, there was only one other table of people in the entire place. It made me sad.

Next weekend, I'm heading back to Pulau Seribu for a much-needed weekend cruising the islands. The weather has been so hot and perfect lately and I haven't been to the beach in a few months. It is time!

No comments:

Post a Comment