Monday, January 18, 2010

First Day at Work

I had my first day of work today. It amounted to an hour of administrative details and three hours of observing other teachers. Tomorrow, I have exactly the same schedule. Then, on Wednesday, I have my first class. That’s it. One class. On Wednesday, I have to teach for exactly one hour and twenty minutes. Figuring in planning time, and the fact that I’ll have to review the course beforehand and do some planning, I’ll probably work three or four hours again. Thursday will be the same, because it’s a different class. But that’s it. Two classes, each two days per week, for a grand total of 6 hours of teaching per week, plus time for lesson planning, which will decrease as the course goes on. There is a possibility that I will have new classes after the school holds an open house at the end of January, but how in the world will I fill up my time until then?

1 comment:

  1. Jeni,
    I wish you the best of luck, on your first teaching day solo!
    Love,
    Lexi:)

    ReplyDelete